What is the meaning of the Summer Solstice?
Summer Solstice occurs on the 21st or 22nd June of every year and is actually the longest day of the year, with the shortest night. It signals warmer months ahead for awhile, but that the day will continuously get shorter especially in the Northern Hemisphere where Fall and Winter start to kick in after awhile.
Summer Solstice Spiritual & Emotional Effects
Our ancestors have always honoured the Sun and its power and energy. In Spiritual circles, many still take the time to pause and perform rituals. The Summer Solstice is part of a cycle that also involves the Autumn and Spring Equinoxes as well as the Winter Solstice.
Regardless of our spiritual beliefs, the Solstices and Equinoxes are a time for reflection. It’s a time to pause and look back at how far we’ve come and to see how we can be more of ourselves moving forward.
The Summer Solstice always feels like a time of renewal and growth for me too. Where I put aside the “failures” of the Winter/Spring seasons, take stock of what I’ve achieved and how I can be a better version of myself moving forward.
Are you in a manifesting and abundance mindset?
Reflection about Summer Solstice (Journal Prompts)
- How do you feel about the first six months of the year?
- What were some wins that you feel really proud of?
- We are all always focused on what we don’t get done, but take some time to think of a list of the things you do get done. List them all down.
- Write down 3 things from the last season(s) could start shedding and letting go of
- Are there outdated thought patterns, relationships, jobs, etc. that are no longer fueling your fire?
- Are there some things that you know you need to let go of, but the thought is making you feel sad, fearful, scared and uncomfortable?
- What not-so-great habits would you like to put an end to?
- If you were to let those things in #5 go, what kinds of growth will you be clearing and making your way for?
- What would you like to achieve for the next 6 months of the year?
- What were you like at the beginning of the year compared to now?
- How would you like to have changed by the end of the year?
- Does change come easily to you? What are you afraid of changing?
- What is stopping you from changing? Is there something you are holding on for safety?
- Where can you see abundance already present in your life?
- What can bring you more deeply into the present moment, in the now, where you can find inner peace and stillness?
- In what ways can you be softer, kinder and more gentle to yourself?
- What dreams or goals have you talked yourself out of and told yourself was unattainable? How can you dust them off and start slowly working on them again?
- Do you feel resistance in trusting yourself and your thoughts, emotions? Why?
- Where have you ignored your inner guidance, wisdom and intuition? How can you better tap into it?
- What helps your soul come alive, on the deepest level?
- What limiting beliefs do you have that still hold you back?
- What does your dream life look like now and what else can you do to get closer to it?
- What would the future version of you look like? 10, 20 years from now?
- What advice would your future self give you for the challenges you are facing right now?
- What comfort and advice would you give your younger self?
- What do you want to start calling more of into your life? It could be a particular quality, deeper spirituality etc
- What new beginnings are you stepping into, from this Summer Solstice on?
- Who are you and how do you feel like when you feel the most aligned with the Universe and empowered?
- Are you ready to show up for all aspects of your life? What needs to happen to make you feel more ready?
- What can you do more of to continue honouring your intentions?
- How can you continue to bring in the energy of Summer and inject that into all areas of your life?
- Where are the moments that you feel the most powerful in life?