Welcome to Abstracted Collective, where you will find my writings on anything personal development. Limerence, romance, friendships, manifestations, spirituality etc etc. You will find a list below which is regularly updated.
My posts are largely driven by a huge desire to understand the human psyche and how we can build our power from within. I’m a firm believer that to achieve anything in life, and I mean ANYTHING – loving relationships, great friendships, a career you like enough, kindness, inner peace, manifesting, achieving your goals, emotional and mental health…the list goes on – you have to start from your SELF.
Having a strong, core foundation of your SELF and knowing/trusting/listening to yourself better than anyone does is the key to a life filled with love, freedom and happiness.
We need to take back our power that has long been lost to toxic societal expectations and trends, degrading cultural values, social media, authority figures who can be misguided though their intentions may be good and anything and everything external, and return that power to yourself. These beliefs of mine shape all my writings and guide what I teach my clients. I’m hoping your time here is inspiring 🙂
Limerence. Romantic Obsession. Addiction to someone you don’t know or who doesn’t like you back. Strategies, cures, tips, signs, stories.
- My limerence story and how I broke free eventually
- 5 Big Signs your Limerence is Ending
- 4 Key Signs you are limerent
- 10 Ways my K-pop obsession and limerence for idols affected my mental health
- 6 Reasons why people become limerent and obsessed with celebs
- How to cure limerence and recover from romantic obsession (2 sets of strategies)
- What is limerence? Is it romantic obsession or just a crush?
- Infatuation vs Limerence vs Love – What are the differences?
- How to Cure Limerence (Tip #2) – to Abstain or Moderate?
- Relapse: Can Limerence Come back? + 3 ways to stop it
- Limerence for someone else whilst in a relationship – how to deal
- How to Cure Limerence (Tip #3) – Switch your Attention
- The danger about limerence? Your mind can’t tell reality from fantasy
- Limerence is taking up an incredible amount of mental space that you could be using to fulfil your life
- You are still limerent because you refuse to let go
- Why is limerence so painful? Will I ever cure from it?
- 9 Commonly experienced emotions in limerence: How often do you feel them?
- How monks and self-awareness can help us cure from limerence
Struggling to cure from limerence? Grab my book and stop that struggle today
- Being cut off by long time friends can be painful and confusing. Here, I talk about my own experiences and delve into the psychology behind why friendships end, why some people are okay cutting you out of their lives without a word and how we can move on from this experience.
- People who talk, talk, talk and don’t listen – why and how to deal? Sharing my experiences and observations on people who tend be poor listeners and prone to interrupting others in conversation.
- Why friendships change in adulthood and how to deal with it
- Are you suppressing your needs just to play a role in your friendships
- Good friends cutting you off? You could be the toxic one
- How to choose your friends wisely – 3 simple tips
- 3 things to consider when you are thinking of letting a friend go
- Finding out my good friend does not like me anymore – what to do, 6 tips
- One super obvious sign a person may not be the friend you are looking for
- I no longer feel close to my long-time friends – what do I do?
- 11 illuminating reasons your friendships die a painful death
- Constantly finding yourself annoyed at someone? 3 things to ask yourself
Let me know what kind of help you need with friendships in the poll below!
Love & Romance
I seek to answer questions like what is love? How is one successful in love? I also explore my feelings, thoughts and experiences on the psychological and emotional baggage present in romance and friendships.
- What are the early signs of a healthy relationship?
- Blinded by “love”? 11 signs that what you’re experiencing isn’t love. Sometimes what we think is love really is something else. 11 signs that we are confusing something else with love.
- Red Flags in Dating & relationships: One big reason why you should never ignore them
- What dating someone you consider “below you” really says about you
- Netflix’s Behind Her Eyes: Lessons in Love and Life
- 15 relationship red flags to watch out for: A case study
- 13 signs of red flags in a relationship
- Why focusing on the wrong qualities in dates can lead you to people who aren’t a great fit
- How to stop fast-forwarding romance and what to do instead
- Why some dating advice aimed at women from dating gurus can be dangerous
- The 8 habits that can make dating very tricky. We all have personal habits and belief systems that we carry into our dating and relationships. This can make dating and falling in love confusing and tricky. Explore the 8 common habits here.
- 13 lessons in life that online dating taught me. I share the lessons I’ve learnt in my year long stint with online dating.
- 13 Ugly truths about online dating (A Case Stu1dy)
- Why online dating is a complete waste of time + some solutions
- Why am I still single? 6 reasons why I prefer going solo
- Why do I keep attracting the wrong men? Break the habit with this tip
- Attracting the wrong men? Make the mindset shift with these 3 easy tips
- 3 unmistakable signs he’s taking you for a ride
- How to avoid guys who only want sex and you don’t during the dating phase (10 signs)
- Treat Relationships like a research project & develop a sense of curiosity about your partner
- How to stop fast-forwarding romance and what to do instead
- 3 simple and effective ways to green-light relationships into your life
- 1 magical tip to make you an absolute pro at flirting
- What can shoes tell you about love and compatibility
The key to successful romantic lives is self-love. Grab my guide today!
Self-esteem and happiness
A topic that is very close to my heart, having had low self-esteem for most of my life, a lot of these posts are based on my reflections and
- The Ultimate Guide to Low self-esteem & self-worth. The common signs that come with low(er) self esteem.
- Why do so many of us suffer from low self-esteem in our adulthood? Just why? I delve into some research and talk about the common reasons why so many of us walk around with low self-esteem while into our adulthood.
- 7 Inspiring TED Talks that will make you feel Happier. Just as the title says!
Struggling with your self-esteem and confidence? My guide could help!
Manifesting, Energy Healing, Intuition & Spirituality
My reflections on the life journey I’m on and my exploration of the spiritual side of things.
- The Law Of Attraction can be cool but it’s so easy to get it “wrong” too. 2 posts to explore how we often can misuse it.
- Why “going with the flow” can sometimes be dangerous advice
- 8 amazing ways of developing your intuition
- The mind vs the inner voice vs intuition: how do you tell the difference
- Want to be successful in your business? Listen to your intuition
- 12 mindfulness moments to savour this summer
- Healing intergenerational trauma, the inner child and releasing emotions
- How to build trust in yourself for a lifetime of happiness
- Using tarot cards as a medium to strengthen your intuition
- How energy-clearing techniques will improve mental clarity and connection to inner wisdom
- Surrendering to a higher power and the universe + letting go of the attachment to life
- I went on a long solo trip in summer of 2018 and loved every bit of it. Here’s why you should hit the road solo too!
- 5 self-limiting beliefs I successfully overcame on my solo trip. A reflection writeup on how my self beliefs have limited me.
Productivity, time management, energy management & cultivating habits
I write about a host of different personal effectiveness topics. From goal setting to time management to productivity and habits. I cover tips, reflections and research.
- Is our strive to be productive messing with our emotional and mental well-being? Are we constantly pushing ourselves too much at the expanse of our emotional and mental well-being?
- The Spoon Theory: The key to knowing your energy and productivity. Do we know what is the ceiling for our energy and are we using too much of it each day?
- The Ultimate Music Playlist for Focused Work. Title says it all! Enjoy!
- 12 Time Management blogs you should follow. My curated list of 12 time management blogs. Great for readers who want to delve more into the topic and don’t know where to start.
- Want to stop procrastinating? Regulate your Emotions. The #1 reason for procrastination? Your emotions. Read on to find out more in this fascinating interview writeup.
- Implemented these Time Management Strategies? Indeed, have you?
- 8 tips on how to study effectively while on vacation. My reflections on being a good student whilst solo travelling at the same time.
- 8 Insanely Effective Hacks to Skyrocket your Career. A reflection piece on how to make good at your job.
- 30 Toxic Chemicals to avoid in Skincare products. A mini research on the top toxic chemicals present in the products we use.
- Are these study techniques effective at boosting your learning? A research review on the 10 most common study habits – ranked. PS: highlighting is one of the least effective.
- 8 characteristics of highly successful people. A mini research piece.
- 5 barriers that is keeping you from the success you deserve. A mini reflection piece
- 8 night-time habits for better sleep & productivity. Perfect for readers who need a night-time routine.
- 15 Morning Habits for a Successful & Productive Day. And a morning routine for you too!
- Trouble getting new habits to stick? Here are 4 gaps you aren’t addressing. Find out what those are!
- Personal finance is an important area for me. In these 4 posts, I explore how we can cultivate better financial habits to make the most out of our dollars and cents.
Want more tips on how to manage your time better? Grab your lifetime access to my workshop at $15.99 today!
You will find key posts on the goal setting process, why they are important, how to set them up; based on my own process and scientific research.
- Why you should make time for self-reflection. I love reflecting and here’s a piece on why an annual year-end reflection is so important.
- Why setting goals is important. We are told to set goals all the time, but do we know why?
- How to set effective goals and slay them. Based on research.
- How to conduct effective weekly reviews. A day is too short and a month is too long. Weekly reviews help make you even more productive. Find out how to do one here.
- 17 mistakes you make when chasing your goals. Yes we all set goals we never achieve. I offer 17 reasons why your goal-setting process needs to be changed.