Unchartered territory, innocence, new beginnings, wonder, exploration, adventures
When upright, this card is telling you to explore, to have a curious mind and an open heart. The reason why this card is 0 is because you are about to embark on a journey. Go forth, be free and do not be bogged down by the expectations, beliefs and burden that you may be carrying around. You are also not alone on this journey, you have someone (the dog, the sun, nature – people who represent these qualities) to support you.
You may be hesitating or holding back for whatever reason. You may be prematurely judging your thoughts and not giving yourself a chance to try. YOu could also be to focused on the end-outcome or the destination. Remember, this is just the beginning of the journey, the beginning of something new. Cast away your fears, doubts and beliefs and begin on a clean slate. There is also a sense of rigidity with the reversal – are you knowingly or unknowingly building a box/wall around yourself?
Key Symbols in The Fool’s Card
- Pose of The Fool: He is confident, open, carefree, almost like he is dancing/singing whilst he’s walking, a little pep to his step! All positive vibes here.
- Dog: A great companion to The Fool’s journey, the dog looks equally happy and enthusiastic to be embarking on this journey. This metaphor tells us to not worry – we are not alone on this journey and someone will be equally supportive and happy at the path that you are taking, and may be on the sam path as you!
- Edge of the cliff: This can be interpreted in both ways. One, is his risk-taking attitude and sense of adventure – he’s not afraid at being near the edge! The other could mean that his cavalier carefree attitude could lend him in hot water – if he falls off the cliff! Take this as a reminder that although we’d like to be as carefree as possible, we will need to sometimes watch out for where we are going.
- Mountains in the background: Qualities representing a mountain – solid, steady, ever-present, grounded. There is someone like that guiding you through your journey in life, and/or you could tap on these qualities present within you right now too
- Sun: Bright, sunny. This represents the disposition of The Fool, as the Sun usually represents our personality at its core. It is also the positive spirit in which The Fool is taking this journey in – he is bright, sunny and full of life.
- Pouch at the end of the stick: This can be seen in some cartoons or early 19th century movies where the vagabond carries a stick with all his possessions in a bag or handkerchief tied to the end of it. It is apparently called a bindle and further adds to the carefree attitude of The Fool. He is not bogged down by possessions and travels light
- White rose: A representation of innocence and purity, the energy in which The Fool is in to embark on this journey in.
Journal Prompts to help
- What would The Fool say to you if he could speak?
- What would The Fool encourage you to do?
- What do you feel when you look at the card and meditate on it? Positive, Neutral, Negative?
- How could you incorporate more of the energy of this card into your life, relationships, career and other goals?
- What do you need to do more or less of to embody more of this energy?
The form you have selected does not exist.