I write about a host of different personal effectiveness topics. From goal setting to time management to productivity and habits. I cover tips, reflections and research.
Time Management & Productivity
I’m pretty obsessed with how to streamline my time management and productivity systems to make me a better and productive person. In this section I write alot about time management and productivity tips that sometimes don’t really come up in these blogs.
- Is our strive to be productive messing with our emotional and mental well-being? Are we constantly pushing ourselves too much at the expanse of our emotional and mental well-being?
- The Spoon Theory: The key to knowing your energy and productivity. Do we know what is the ceiling for our energy and are we using too much of it each day?
- The Ultimate Music Playlist for Focused Work. Title says it all! Enjoy!
- 12 Time Management blogs you should follow. My curated list of 12 time management blogs. Great for readers who want to delve more into the topic and don’t know where to start.
- Want to stop procrastinating? Regulate your Emotions. The #1 reason for procrastination? Your emotions. Read on to find out more in this fascinating interview writeup.
- Implemented these Time Management Strategies? Indeed, have you?
- Doing things quickly: Reflecting on Parkinson’s Law (coming soon)
Good Habits & Self-care
Habits maketh a person. Humans are very routine people – we find comfort in familiar, repetitive rituals. But do our habits serve us or keep us from attaining the life we want? It’s habits galore in this section!
- 8 night-time habits for better sleep & productivity. Perfect for readers who need a night-time routine.
- 15 Morning Habits for a Successful & Productive Day. And a morning routine for you too!
- Trouble getting new habits to stick? Here are 4 gaps you aren’t addressing. Find out what those are!
- Personal finance is an important area for me. In these 4 posts, I explore how we can cultivate better financial habits to make the most out of our dollars and cents.
Setting goals the right way is the key to determining whether you achieve them or not. You will find key posts on the goal setting process, why they are important, how to set them up; based on my own process and scientific research. I also talk a bit about the review/reflection process which is sometimes missing from goal setting.
- Why you should make time for self-reflection. I love reflecting and here’s a piece on why an annual year-end reflection is so important.
- Why setting goals is important. We are told to set goals all the time, but do we know why?
- How to set effective goals and slay them. Based on research.
- How to conduct effective weekly reviews. A day is too short and a month is too long. Weekly reviews help make you even more productive. Find out how to do one here.
- 17 mistakes you make when chasing your goals. Yes we all set goals we never achieve. I offer 17 reasons why your goal-setting process needs to be changed.