The Ultimate Music Playlist for Focused Work (50+ ideas)
Are you someone who needs to have the radio on while you work?
As someone who grew up with the radio always on in the background, I find it extremely hard to work in an environment that is completely silent (libraries don’t work for me). I focus way better when there’s abit (noisy cafes don’t work for me too!) of noise/stimulation in the background and that’s where music comes in.
Read on for some links to playlists that help keep you focused while you work.
- Tumblr is a good resource if you are looking for playlists and good music recommendations for focused work/studying. Here are some: Dotgrids, Areistotle, Highschoolering, Doinggenderstudies, Acdemic, Cutestudystuff, Studywitheva, Educatier etc. A general search on Tumblr will bring up loads more
- 8tracks has a multitude of playlists for focused studying. These are mostly playlists compiled by users and it’s great. Just take a listen to any of those and pick one you like.
- Billboard has also compiled a list. The playlist mostly features Christmas songs, but I personally love Christmas songs so it’s cool with me. Some of you might prefer something less festive.
- And of course, Spotify has their very own playlists compiled just for your focused work/study needs. There’s a ton to choose from but my personal favourites are: Chill Study Beats, Productive Morning, Intense Studying and this amazing Harry Potter compilation. I’m also a huge cafe music/Jazz/Bossa Nova fan – so here are some of my favs from those genres: Jazz@Work, Jazzy Dinner, French Cafe Lounge, Bossa Nova Dinner etc.
- Youtube is another good source. I tend to search for cafe/city playlists, but recently I’ve been quite hooked on this channel: Mindful Music.
What are some of your favourites?
With 10 years of experience as a Researcher (MSc) in Psychology, Neuroscience, Mental Health, Consumer and Organisational Behaviour; I help action-oriented, time-strapped people and solopreneurs crush their inner critics, navigate toxic workplaces and relationships and build their self-esteem so that you can have the freedom, happiness and confidence you desire. I spend the rest of my time daydreaming and downing cups of tea/coffee – my life’s vice.