One of the most important energy centres in helping us find out purpose, set goals and follow through on our passions is the solar plexus chakra.
This energy centre sits in the centre of our bodies, right near the stomach/navel area and is also the seat of our inner power, confidence and belief in ourselves. It also governs our willpower, self-esteem, and inner strength. When in balance, it radiates a sense of confidence, courage, and determination.
Incidentally – or perhaps this doesn’t surprise you? – the solar plexus chakra is an energy centre that many of us struggle with.
How good are you at manifesting? Find out in the quiz below!
Do any of these signs of an imbalanced solar plexus chakra sound familiar?
When we are experencing an imbalance in the Solar Plexus Chakra, it can manifest in various ways, such as:
- A Lack of Confidence: Feeling insecure, doubting one’s abilities, or experiencing a persistent fear of failure.
- Indecisiveness: Difficulty making decisions and feeling a lack of direction or purpose.
- Low Self-Esteem: Constantly seeking validation from others and struggling with self-worth.
Many people suffer from one of the above, and for some it can be hard to identify low self-esteem or self-confidence because it’s been our norm all our lives. The way we we brought up, our childhoods, how we were treated as kids,
We may have come from a family background with critical parents – which usually means that our inner critics are also strong. Coming from cultures that were overly strict, disciplinarian, demanded obedience and servitude can also serve to completely strip individuals of their power.
This can have life-long, sometimes disastrous effects as the individual does not know how to pursue their goals, live their lives or truly know what they want deep down.
So how can you then awaken your inner fire and rediscover your passion?
There are a couple of practices that you can start taking on that can help you strengthen your solar plexus:
- Mindful Practices: Cultivate self-awareness through mindfulness meditation, focusing on the breath, and acknowledging and releasing negative thoughts and emotions.
- Empowerment Through Movement: The solar plexus tends to benefit through activities that require movement, like dance yoga, taichi etc. This is because movement is usually linked to open-ness and joy, two emotional states that are strongly linked to a healthy solar plexus chakra.
- Affirmations and Visualization: Use affirmations such as “I am confident and empowered,” and visualize a radiant yellow light filling your abdomen, energizing your core.
- Reconnecting with yourself and your inner child: What do you like doing in your free time? What brings you joy? What did you love doing as a child that you are no longer doing or have given up for various reasons? Try to reconnect wti that sense of joy all over again and see how your life shifts in pleasant ways thereafter
Moving towards a life that embraces passion & purpose
As you start to build up your solar plexus chakra’s energy, you will find that your llfe starts to take shape in different ways. Some of the changes you may observe:
- Clarity on your Goals: With a balanced chakra, you gain clarity on your aspirations and are more decisive in pursuing your dreams. You also are able to tune into your guiding inner voice and intuition much better
- Embracing Confidence: Heightened self-esteem and confidence propel you forward, enabling you to take risks and face challenges with resilience. You won’t give up as easily.
- Expressing Authenticity: You are more confident in “being yourself” and expressing your true feelings and desires. You will want to lead a life that is true to yourself.
The solar plexus chakra is an important energy centre that if balanced and in a healthy space, will lead us to a life that we desire.