The Ultimate Guide to Personal Growth (Updated list of posts)
Welcome to Abstracted Collective, where you will find my writings on anything personal development. Romance, friendships, productivity, goal setting, self esteem, happiness, spirituality etc etc. You will find a list below which is regularly updated.
My posts are usually driven be a huge desire to understand the human psyche. Our needs, motivations, what makes one successful in one area or all areas of life, understanding and shedding our mental, psychological and emotional baggage. I am also driven by a need to understand my own thoughts, beliefs and the life journey I am on. Occasionally I turn these reflections into posts.
Relationships: love, romance and friendships
I seek to answer questions like what is love? How is one successful in love? I also explore my feelings, thoughts and experiences on the psychological and emotional baggage present in romance and friendships.
- Blinded by “love”? 11 signs that what you’re experiencing isn’t love. Sometimes what we think is love really is something else. 11 signs that we are confusing something else with love.
- The 8 habits that can make dating very tricky. We all have personal habits and belief systems that we carry into our dating and relationships. This can make dating and falling in love confusing and tricky. Explore the 8 common habits here.
- 13 lessons in life that online dating taught me. I share the lessons I’ve learnt in my year long stint with online dating.
- Being cut off by long time friends can be painful and confusing. Here, I talk about my own experiences and delve into the psychology behind why friendships end, why some people are okay cutting you out of their lives without a word and how we can move on from this experience.
- People who talk, talk, talk and don’t listen – why and how to deal? Sharing my experiences and observations on people who tend be poor listeners and prone to interrupting others in conversation.
Self-esteem and happiness
A topic that is very close to my heart, having had low self-esteem for most of my life, a lot of these posts are based on my reflections and
- The Ultimate Guide to Low self-esteem & self-worth. The common signs that come with low(er) self esteem.
- Why do so many of us suffer from low self-esteem in our adulthood? Just why? I delve into some research and talk about the common reasons why so many of us walk around with low self-esteem while into our adulthood.
- 7 Inspiring TED Talks that will make you feel Happier. Just as the title says!
Productivity, time management, energy management & cultivating habits
I write about a host of different personal effectiveness topics. From goal setting to time management to productivity and habits. I cover tips, reflections and research.
- Is our strive to be productive messing with our emotional and mental well-being? Are we constantly pushing ourselves too much at the expanse of our emotional and mental well-being?
- The Spoon Theory: The key to knowing your energy and productivity. Do we know what is the ceiling for our energy and are we using too much of it each day?
- The Ultimate Music Playlist for Focused Work. Title says it all! Enjoy!
- 12 Time Management blogs you should follow. My curated list of 12 time management blogs. Great for readers who want to delve more into the topic and don’t know where to start.
- Want to stop procrastinating? Regulate your Emotions. The #1 reason for procrastination? Your emotions. Read on to find out more in this fascinating interview writeup.
- Implemented these Time Management Strategies? Indeed, have you?
- 8 tips on how to study effectively while on vacation. My reflections on being a good student whilst solo travelling at the same time.
- 8 Insanely Effective Hacks to Skyrocket your Career. A reflection piece on how to make good at your job.
- 30 Toxic Chemicals to avoid in Skincare products. A mini research on the top toxic chemicals present in the products we use.
- Are these study techniques effective at boosting your learning? A research review on the 10 most common study habits – ranked. PS: highlighting is one of the least effective.
- 8 characteristics of highly successful people. A mini research piece.
- 5 barriers that is keeping you from the success you deserve. A mini reflection piece
- 8 night-time habits for better sleep & productivity. Perfect for readers who need a night-time routine.
- 15 Morning Habits for a Successful & Productive Day. And a morning routine for you too!
- Trouble getting new habits to stick? Here are 4 gaps you aren’t addressing. Find out what those are!
- Personal finance is an important area for me. In these 4 posts, I explore how we can cultivate better financial habits to make the most out of our dollars and cents.
Musings on life, spirituality and LOA
My reflections on the life journey I’m on and my exploration of the spiritual side of things.
- The Law Of Attraction can be cool but it’s so easy to get it “wrong” too. 2 posts to explore how we often can misuse it.
- I went on a long solo trip in summer of 2018 and loved every bit of it. Here’s why you should hit the road solo too!
- 5 self-limiting beliefs I successfully overcame on my solo trip. A reflection writeup on how my self beliefs have limited me.
- To: 20 year old Sara. A letter to the younger me.
- 30 things I am saying NO to in 2019. Not repeating anymore of that this year and beyond
- 29 Bucket List Must-dos before hitting 30. Things I want to do before hitting the Big 3!
- The 20s were an interesting time for me (though I think the 30s will be far better!) and here are 2 reflection pieces.
You will find key posts on the goal setting process, why they are important, how to set them up; based on my own process and scientific research.
- Why you should make time for self-reflection. I love reflecting and here’s a piece on why an annual year-end reflection is so important.
- Why setting goals is important. We are told to set goals all the time, but do we know why?
- How to set effective goals and slay them. Based on research.
- How to conduct effective weekly reviews. A day is too short and a month is too long. Weekly reviews help make you even more productive. Find out how to do one here.
- 17 mistakes you make when chasing your goals. Yes we all set goals we never achieve. I offer 17 reasons why your goal-setting process needs to be changed.