Why write for Abstracted Collective?
Knowledge is power. We are interested in the psychological, emotional and motivational aspects underpinning the human experience. So if you’ve got personal experiences that have uniquely shaped and inspired your perspectives and outlook on life, we would love to hear from you! Sharing your experiences and your Eureka! moments could serve to inspire one person out there, someone who is going through the same stuff as you are and it could potentially change their lives.
Content, Quality and Republishing requirements
- I am looking for three types of posts:
- Original, unique thought pieces
- Writeups that refer to recent research or summaries of research (sources have to be cited and referenced)
- A combination of both
- I am looking for articles in these areas. I do not publish articles outside of these.
- Personal effectiveness. Has a goal setting/time management strategy/productivity tip changed your life? What are your general thoughts on this area?
- Self-esteem and happiness. What insights have you had on these topics? What is your story around self-esteem and happiness? What growth have you experienced?
- Relationships. What lessons have you gleaned from your romances and friendships? Work relationships? Family?
- Personal musings. Any personal insights or growth stories?
- Spirituality. Into the law of attraction? Moon phases? Or something spiritual that has inspired you or changed your life?
- Mindset shifts and habits. Successfully changed a habit or shifted your mindset with regards to something? Or are you in the process of doing so?
- Chasing your dreams. What are your dreams and how have you overcome your challenges in pursuing them?
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet. Please do not submit articles that summarize or repeat other sources.
- Articles should be at least 700 words in length.
- The content belongs to you, the author, but I own the rights to the post, and by submitting, you are granting me the right to keep it on this site.
- All published submissions become the sole property of Abstracted Collective and should not be posted or submitted anywhere else. This includes your own website or as a guest post on other blogs. Yes, I have ways of checking this.
- Content should be proofread and edited before it is sent to me but I reserve the right to edit content in any way I see fit before publishing it.
- As content will be edited before posting, I will be adding links to other posts on the blog if there is relevance
- If you are linking to external sources, please keep it to a maximum of 3 within the post.
- Absolutely no affiliate links or referral links will be allowed in the post. No keyword-rich anchor text/SEOd links are allowed either.
- Please include an author byline at the bottom of the post. You can include one link in the byline.
- Use sub-headings in the post-body (please include H2-H3 tags so it’s easy for me to format it in Wordpress)
- Do be creative about and liberal with the use of bullet points and short paragraphs. Anything that makes the post readable.
Post image requirements
- Images are not required, but if you do see the need to use them, ensure they are properly attributed and credited. Check this link out for more information.
- Do not clutter the piece with too many images. Sometimes, less is more.
How to submit a guest post?
- If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email sara (at) abstractedcollective (dot com). Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a Word Doc attachment (No Google Doc links, please!).
- I usually take up to two weeks to reply, so don’t panic if you don’t hear from me.
- At this point, due to bandwidth, I am not offering any feedback on rejected pitches or drafts. If you haven’t heard from me in a month, then your submission has been rejected.
- Again, submissions must be 100% original to Abstracted Collective