Overwhelm can feel like a constant battle. Especially when life is always go-go-go. I cannot even begin to tell you how many nights I’ve spent (and still do on occasion) tossing and turning begging my brain to quiet down.
Overwhelm doesn’t just happen with thoughts, however.
- It happens when we get upset.
- It happens when we feel super emotional.
- And it happens when we feel like we’re experiencing we “shouldn’t have to” or weren’t expecting.
And, ranting when you are overwhelmed is good sometimes, if,
- Make you feel better // empower you
- Bring awareness to the situation that can lead to a solution
- Inspire others to take action
- Or help you solve a problem. Aka ranting and then asking for guidance
When faced with an overwhelming and/or irritating moment, take pause and consider the following questions.
- Will it matter a year from now? (or a week or a month?)
- What can I do to come back to the present moment?
- How can I take action toward a solution?
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/2mOXWtY