I would say my top travel hacks are:
- Have a folder or large wallet that you can store your passport, boarding pass, and any paperwork in
- Always carry a pen. If you’re traveling out of the country you’ll need to fill out one of those little papers that says what you’re bringing back into the country
- Buy mini versions of your favorite makeup products or use some creative storing hacks: use a pill container/contacts container to store different foundations, concealers, etc. Get a mini brush set. If you’re going somewhere for an extended period don’t bring full size items like shampoo/conditioner, lotion, razor, etc…just buy it when you get there.
- Always bring a scarf and socks on the plane…it gets cold and the scarf can double up as a blanket or pillow
- Get a universal power adapter for international travel
- Wear your heaviest items on the plane…they’ll never tell you that you can’t carry a huge coat and hat, but in reality youre just saving suitcase space
- Rolling your clothes saves space but only for items that aren’t super thick
- Take a photo of your luggage before checking it. If your bag is ever lost this will speed up the process
- Get a small translation guide for whatever country you’re visiting…you know just terms like hello, thank you, how are you, do you have… Personally I think it is so disrespectful to travel to another country and just assume they can understand you and not even put an effort into speaking their language. At least ask if they speak english first…when I was in Paris the first thing I asked to everyone I was speaking with was “parlez vous anglais” before proceeding to talk in english
- Carry an empty water bottle with you through security and fill it up once you’re through
I’m sure there is more but I can’t think of any right now…If anyone has suggestions feel free to add them!
Hope this helped:)